CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/04/14

Something new...

     Recently we have had the experience of working with a Guardian Ad Litem, and let me tell you it has been so positive and rewarding!
     Because of this, I have actually looked into the opportunties to help children in our area within the legal system, and I have found out about Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), which I did know some about previously, but now I've researched them more extensively.
     I contacted our county CASA, and I'm really eager about the possibility of volunteering in this way! I even have another fellow teacher, who is going to go through the application, interview, and training with me to also give back to the children in our community!
     I look forward to this process, and I will definitely keep you updated on how it all goes :)

No comments: